Tuesday, January 21, 2014

resolutions



Now that that we are finally above zero in the weather department, I feel a sense of relief and optimism for the first time in almost two months.
What can I say? the weather really affects me.
Though I know we are still in for many more long cold weeks of winter, it has been a nice reprieve.

While in hibernation mode I've had a bit of time to reflect and think about some of the changes I would like to make in 2014.

1. Simplify.
when it comes to pretty much everything. I don't need so many options. whether it be clothing, meals, activities.

2. be more mindful about waste and being more green.

3. be more grateful. I live a very blessed life and I need to continually remind myself of that.

4. have fun. spend time with people who make me laugh and who I enjoy making laugh in turn.

5. Love more. my husband. my daughter (if that's possible...) myself.

6. Make peace with my past so it won't disturb my future. this one will take some work, but it's so true.

7. ignore the word perfect. Because seeking perfectionism will surely be my demise.

8. do something out of my comfort zone.

9. give back. volunteer. play it forward. do something unexpected for someone. maybe even a stranger.

10. be more positive. the glass is always half full. if it isn't, fill it up.



No comments: